Pages

Friday 30 September 2016

GREENISH WARBLER 29th Sept

 Yesterday afternoon at approx 15.15pm I heard a very distinct "chee-wee" type call and looked up towards the Sycamore and Hawthorn scrub to see a GREENISH WARBLER perched right out in the open flycatching and tail flicking. Luckily to have my bins to hand, I had cracking views of the bird which showed down to about 5-7feet from me low to the ground with come Chiffchaff and Blackcaps. I watched the bird for several minutes before it flew towards the fishing pond hedge and out of the view. I relocated the bird again briefly by the fishing ponds in low willow trees before it flew over the hedge out of the park and following the valley hedge down towards Charmouth town and Stonebarrow hill. A cracking find and my 3rd British record!!.

Other sightings include Pied Flycatcher, Redstart, 20 Chiffchaff, 20 Blackcap and singles of Willow Warbler all recorded by the willow tree line at the ponds at 7am,

Visible Migration counts include 80+ Meadow Pipit, 20+Pied Wagtail and White wagtail, 2 Wheatear, 3 Yellow Wagtail, decent movment of 10 Siskin, 8 Lesser Redpoll, 15 Greenfinch, 25 Goldfinch and 23 Linnet.

Vis Mig count today 30th Sept: 100+ Meadow Pipit, 30 Swallow, 25 House Martin, 3 Raven, 15 Redpoll, 18 Siskin, 30 Goldfinch, 4 Wheatear and notable high numbers of Robins on site,

No comments:

Post a Comment